Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Got Some Work

So I was actually working today. $11.00 an hour for another Linamar branch, this time doing Quality Control on bolts. I was asked to come in yesterday, but it was short notice, I only had enough time to get there, and I wasn't carrying the necessary Personal Protective Equipment, so I couldn't do it. Was surprised when they called me in today, and they've asked me to go in tomorrow. The original offer was for only one day, and it has expanded to three, so you never know. If nothing else, maybe this means I'm on the inside of Linamar's inner ring of reliable employees again. Or maybe this is a potential entry point to getting there.

It's near my old neighborhood from back when I was a child. Not much has changed, except the Neighborhood Tea House is gone, replaced by an Arabic grocery. There's a new Mexican restaurant that claims to be "Mexilicious" and Mario's Pizza has been replaced by Tony's Pizza. All the kids at my old elementary school now have lockers with combination locks, instead of the coat hooks we used to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment