Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to School Shopping

I bought some clothing for the new schoolyear. After spending so much time watching my money increase, it's sad to see them decrease. I'll probably spend the bulk of what I've managed to save over the summer on back to school stuff. I still need to get a hairtcut, buy some school supplies, and I should really get a new backpack.

Someone told me that laptops have a lifespan of about 3-4 years. My laptop's over three now, but my brother says that when people talk about the lifespan of a computer, they're usually talking about how long it will take for it to become obsolete because of new technology, or they're talking about battery life. My brother says that my laptop doesn't have a "lifespan" the way that I'm thinking of it. At any rate, I'm hoping to squeak by another year with the laptop that I have.

I've had my current wallet since I was 14. It was my first wallet, and I got it on my birthday. I'm resistant to get a new one, but I really should. It's pretty out of shape at this point.

I got some suspenders. I used to wear them, but the clamps would always dull. Won't be a problem with these ones. These have a tab that tucks under a belt. I'd sometimes get criticized for being "over protected" when I'd wear a belt and suspenders, but whatever. Can't be too protected.

The grocery store near where I live had a "grand opening". It was already open, but had been under renovation. Most of the new features were available before this new grand opening, and I'm pretty sure they're still working on it. I guess they just felt like having a grand opening.

We used to have a grocery store and a clothing/general store. The more general store closed down, and basically, our grocery store has expanded to replace it. You might remember me saying that a grocery store under renovation got flooded earlier in the summer. Same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment