Monday, August 5, 2013

Civic Holiday Weekend

I just got back from my grandparents' house in Toronto. My Greataunt and Greatuncle (remember, that's one generation beneath Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother) were visiting, and also my cousin. Today was Civic Holiday, so I was able to leave on Sunday and come back Monday without missing a day of work.

We ate at a Korean restaurant. It was the first time I'd eaten Korean, and I got a BBQ dish, which from what I've heard, and from how it was presented on the menu, seems pretty classic. Not really a Western BBQ, as you'd probably guess, it was quite a bit different and brought out in lots of separate sections. It was quite good, I'd definitely eat that style of food again.

I got to meet up with my Aunt from my father's side of the family and the rest of the family there as well, which was nice.

To go to and return from Toronto by Greyhound bus costs $55 now! Feels like the last time I used it for that trip, it was under half that price. Going to and from Kitchener still costs under $20.

You might remember me saying that the Toronto terminal was unique in that it had a separate terminal for arrivals and departures, but that they had shut down the departures station and had been using Arrivals for an all-purpose station since then. Well, they've got the departures terminal back.

I finished both Things Fall Apart and the Gaiman-Pratchett collaboration since I last talked about books. I might review them and give a nod to my old Reviews blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment