Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Reading Week Reviews and Mergansers

So it's Reading Week. I'm back home in Guelph and wow, these days can sure go by fast. Yesterday I woke up, had coffee, exercised, showered, went for a walk, and BOOM! Day's over.

Actually, I managed to write four reviews on my Reviews Blog as well. It's been two years since I've done a review. I reviewed the movies The Hangover and The Dark Knight Rises, and I reviewed the books Good Omens and The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul.

I've been watching popular movies that I hadn't bothered with before so that I undertstand more popular culture references.

I didn't proofread anything... All my reviews are full of spoilers because I'm not writing to an audience that is trying to decide whether or not they want to watch/read something. It's just for myself.

I might review Before The Rain, Gravity. Black Like Me, and Things Fall Apart in my next batch. Whoa, I didn't review any of the serious titles last night. Just noticed that.

Here's my reviews blog

http://gryphonsreviews.blogspot.ca/\

Remember how in Katimavik I saw a duck with a mohawk? It turned out to be a Red  Breasted Merganser. Then in the Speed River in Guelph I saw a bird with a weird shape on it's head and it turned out to be a Hooded Merganser. Meaning the Common Merganser is the only one I haven't seen.

Well, the other day I saw a Red Breasted Merganser and it was with a flock of Merganser-looking birds, although only one was mohawked. I was slow with my camera and this is my only evidence:


I also caught a really large spider. Check that sucker out.

No comments:

Post a Comment