Thursday, February 27, 2014

Mali Triboard

Last Tuesday, I was up until 4 AM working on a triboard and one-pager for a resource fair for class. Kind of like the Big Brothers Big Sisters resource fair I did last semester, if I ever mentioned that. Difference is, instead of being in a group of four, we were doing it alone. It was a cultural assignment, and I did Mali. I was so prepared for it. I brought in a mask, I brought animal carvings, I brought clothes, and I brought Malian literature.

I spent about $90 on project material. $90!!!!! That's probably the most I've spent on a project. Can't think of anything else that comes near.

But because everyone did it individually, there were four times as many presentations, and it couldn't be free-flow, because everyone had to stand in front of their boards, meaning people couldn't take turns with their partners and walk around while other people stay in charge of their projects.

So we did this thing where six people would present at a time and people would watch maybe two presentations out of the six. So for every one, you missed two. And for every one person to visit you for a presentation, you missed two. Disappointing, after all that time, effort, and money.

We had to have a section on immigration to Canada. Do you know how little information there is available for Mali-Canada relations? If you Google "Mali Canada", on the first page you get a picture of me wearing Malian robes.

My Internet stopped working. It's not my connection, because my roommates' are all not having trouble.  I think my computer is finally biting it. I've already fixed it three times. Why am I so stubborn about holding on to my technology? My cell phone is ancient too, I'm always being teased about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment