Monday, May 19, 2014

Digital Picking and Putting in the Garden

I finally got trained on digital picking. Now I can use a computer system to navigate the warehouse and fill multiple orders at a time. I had really resigned myself to being permanently a manual picker, since I was the only person in my last batch of temps not to get trained on anything else last year.

Today we put in the garden. We put sunflowers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, peas, and beans. We have zucchini and summer squash growing indoors that are not ready to transplant, too. The sunflowers I grew indoors sprouted in like, two days instead of one to two weeks like they were supposed to, so they got quite a bit taller than my flower last year before I transplanted it. They also seemed overgrown to be indoors because they were so ahead of schedule and therefore kind of sickly. But my flower last year had some close calls and recovered from each so hopefully these will be similarly hardy.

Speaking of which, of all the sunflowers to have grown last year, my flower, the one that returned from the dead twice, was the only one to still be standing after this winter's end. What a testament of its strength of will. It will not soon be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment