Thursday, May 1, 2014

Extend-a-Family Interview

I went to Kitchener today to do my interview with Extend-a-Family. I got to spend some time at WALES too, since it was right across the street. When I showed up, some of the participants saw me ahead of time and ran out to see me. Everyone was so happy to see me, it was very welcoming.

The interview went great. I already knew the person who was interviewing me, she went through job carving with me at the Butterfly Conservatory, and she co-hosted the Inclusion Workshop. Before going in, I found out there was someone else in the office with  her name and I thought I might have lost my advantage, but it turned out to be the person I knew. It was very conversational and didn't feel too much like an interview.

Some people are criticizing me for making the potential decision to stay in Kitchener to do contract work, which would pay less than staying in Guelph and doing industrial work, but I really think that paid employment in my field before I even graduate is valuable. Not to mention the networking aspect. And they would also like me to continue working part-time through the school year, so it's kind of an investment. Although since I'm a Respect Leader, I'm really piling my plate high.

My roommates all moved out. I came back and saw a big moving van. I asked who was moving out and they were like "All of us". I knew two of them had moved out, and I thought a third was leaving, but I was told the other three were staying because they have work in the area. The landlord came by and took their keys and everything. They are really gone, and I have the whole house to myself all summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment