Saturday, May 10, 2014

I'm Unmemorable

At work, they changed the method of how we scan in orders. Last year, each of us had our own barcode, but now, we're assigned a barcode at the beginning of each day and record which number we got. So before, it used to say "Gryphon has scanned in order # whatever" but now it will say "Worker 17 has scanned in order # whatever". Feels a bit less personal.Thing is, I still have my barcode from last year. I wonder if I used it, if it would still remember me. And then on the sign out sheet, under the "Worker #" section, I could write "Gryphon".

I must be the most unmemorable person in the world. Only three people from work last year remember who I am. And then I ran into an old friend from Ways2Work and she barely remembered me. And then when I called the agency to see about work the next day, and the person I speak with daily had suddenly forgotten who I was. I'm dying.

Starting up the garden this year. I just want to grow sunflowers, zucchini, and tomatoes, since I know that's what works, but Mom wants to grow peppers and onions and all those things that didn't work last year. She says that just because it didn't work last year doesn't mean it won't this year. But for me, last year was for experimenting... This time I want one that actually flourishes.

And she wants to put my sunflowers in the flower section. A sunflower isn't a flower, it's a crop. It produces a food substance and it only has it's flower out for like five days, anyway. And I don't see the point in segregating flowers and vegetables in the first place.

And her gardening friend tells her to wait until after the Victoria Day weekend, but my gardener friends all started early and told us our garden was weak because we waited too long last year.

I started growing my sunflowers at least, and I started them indoors. Last year's sunflower was a transplant and it did real well, after all. I planted ten, and all ten have sprouted. It's beautiful. I've also prepped our plot of land a bit, dug it up and removed weeds.

I lost my Segu book. I'm mad. I'm really, really mad. Where did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment