Sunday, June 8, 2014

Nine Sunflowers

Looks like I chose the right time to get a job. Ever since last Tuesday, I haven't been called in to work. The same day I heard back about the jobs, the agency actually offered me work at a plastic factory, which had the potential to develop into a day-by-day thing, similar to what I've been doing. I turned down the offer since I had job search type stuff to do, and at that time, a day off was rare. Felt like a fool when I got rejected for the front desk position but felt better about it when my efforts actually did land me work in my field.

We have a nozzle for our hose now. Before, we had an arrangement where the neighbours would have to ask us to turn the water on if they wanted to water their garden, but that's no longer a necessity.

Something ate two of our cabbages and four of our sunflowers last night, though, including my favourite sunflower.  Now we only have one non-mutant sunflower left, and nine sunflowers total. That does it, I'm only growing mutants next year.

I got my health card renewed. I thought it would be a huge pain, but it was actually one of the fastest experiences I've had with obtaining government documentation. Just showed up without an appointment, got put through almost immediately, only needed two pieces of ID and they accepted my student card, only one form needed to be filled out with very basic information which I already had completed, they took my photo and now if everything goes as planned, I'll have it in two to three weeks.

I'm glad they took my photo, unlike my driver's license, which is using a photo from when I was 19, even though I got it updated.

I'm thinking I'll try to get a credit card again. I was rejected when I tried to get it before I started going to college, but now I have nine months rent paid in my name and I'm a student. I have a friend who is with the same bank, and she managed to get one just using her status as a student. Now that you can order online with a debit card, and I'm building a credit rating without one, I really don't see why I would need one. But just because I've got the opportunity and it seems like something that people have nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment