Sunday, June 29, 2014

Voting, Interior Decorating, and Work

I guess I never mentioned that I did follow through on my decision to vote. It was less high-tech than I'd imagined it to be. I did it at a local elementary school gymnasium and there weren't too many people there. Me and my brother were the youngest people voting when we went in.

This weekend I bought an electric fan and a dish drying rack. Before this, we kind of just left our dishes on the counter to dry after we washed them. This house has been so minimally furnished since my old roommates moved out. The entire basement is completely bare. Our common area is the kitchen space, and the basement, which has the most open space, just has nothing.

Well, whatever. I'm not going to fill it. Anything I bring has to be transported by hand, since I've got no car.

I can't speak on any identifying characteristics of participants in my work, but I can speak on my involvement at EaF. So if you wonder why I speak sort of detachedly on the subject, that's the reason.

The first day of the summer program starts tomorrow. My training is finished as of last week.

Last week, I got to meet my Peer Leader. Each of us is matched up with someone who has been labeled with a developmental disability to act as a partner leader for a week. I also got informed on the list of participants that I will be working most closely with.

No comments:

Post a Comment