Sunday, July 13, 2014

Leaving Guelph

When leaving Guelph, I put off packing to the last minute, and so I was able to find my beard trimmer, but not my beard trimmer charger. I just trimmed my beard, but I don't know how many trims it has in it. I'm scared of one day it running out when my beard is half-trimmed, and then I have to walk around with half my beard mechanically trimmed and half of it manually trimmed. I don't know how that would look but I assume it would be bad.

 I also brought my detachable keyboard but forgot my computer mouse.

I feel like I should point out that even though my sunflowers died, our zucchini plants and one of the broccoli plants are doing great. The tomato plants are doing okay and the pepper plants are working out way better than last year. The peas and beans are dead. But since my sunflowers are dead, so is my ambition to the garden. Blech.

I just ate a gyro for the first time in my life. At the Transfers Cafe in the downtown bus terminal, but whatever, still counts. It was shockingly good. The best thing I've ever had through the Transfers Cafe.

I got my first paycheque last  Friday.  Really exciting.

Last week, we got to go bowling. I'm a terrible bowler, but this time around, I did alright. I usually always mix up my style, because there isn't a way that I can do consistently well, but I think I've found one now. I even got a strike, but I was so excited, that when I turned around and ran up to give everyone high fives, I tripped over a table.

Got to watch the movie How to Train Your Dragon 2. I watched the original one in Katimavik. I remember my group giving the original high praise, but I found it more or less unmemorable. Viking theme, nerdy protagonist, dragons are initially the enemy but the protagonist learns to befriend them. I actually think the sequel was better. It was a little bit less predictable, but I found the protagonist was difficult to empathize with and the antagonist should have been sympathetic but wasn't convincingly so. The comic relief was hit-and-miss. The best parts were through the lead support characters and some of the plot.

We had a visit from someone who showed us exotic pets, such as lizards, snakes, tarantulas, scorpions, and tortoises. Loved it. We also got to watch a magic show. When you're young, you think that you'll grow up to understand all the magic tricks, but now as an adult, I'm stuck with the frustration of being mystified and knowing I will probably never grasp it!

No comments:

Post a Comment