Friday, July 25, 2014

Toronto Trips

Last Friday we went to the Toronto Science Centre, which I've been to once before. Aside from viewing the exhibits, we went to the Imax Theatre and watched a documentary on lemurs. This was pretty cool to me, because I'm lame and into that kind of thing, but I still couldn't help but think that the Imax Theatre, with it's huge, curved screen that covers a person's entire sense of vision, including peripheral, was downplayed on something as low-energy as a documentary, and made me consider it's potential if it decided to feature something more action-oriented.

The bus ride was tough, just because of the length and because I'd decided to drink coffee beforehand. Gotta be in my top ten "need a bathroom" experiences.

This week we got to watch a Blue Jays game. They faced the Red Sox and beat them soundly. I avoided drinking coffee before the drive to Toronto, but found myself having a hard time fighting the urge to nod off. Can't win.

And then today we got to go bowling and swimming. Went swimming at the Waterloo Recreation Centre, which is different from our usual place. Instead of having a single pool that gets deeper and deeper, it has two separate pools, one that is shallow and one that is deep. It also had a "warm pool" which is like a hot tub, but big enough to classify as a pool. Met a friend there who is working as a lifeguard, which was pretty neat.

There is a nature trail between my house and the nearest grocery, which I've walked by frequently over the past two years and have always intended to visit but never found the time to. Last week, I finally got around to it. I walked up and down the better-traveled path and then walked into the rough. It reminded me of my youth, when I found so much fulfillment in exploring the wilderness around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment