Sunday, June 12, 2011

More Cats

The cats are getting along fine. When we first introduced our current cat, Blackavar, to our now deceased cat, Penny, Penny flipped out and attacked. I was shocked, as I'd never seen her react that way before. When we had that little saga with the damaged homeless kitten, the two cats had a similar disagreement. There's a neighborhood stray that cruises by and tries to fight with Blackavar through the window. I assumed it was natural instinct for cats to initially get into turf wars, no matter how unimposing the other cat seemed, but apparently, this isn't the case for all of them. These new guys must have very little fight in them, and Blackavar can sense that. After letting them sniff at each other for a day, we formally introduced them, with very little turbulence. We let them interact freely now, but only while supervised. They get along great with the rabbit, too, strangely.

Thor's kind of surly and introverted around other cats. He's real friendly around humans and the rabbit, but if Blackavar approaches, he hisses. Strangely enough, he hisses at Luna, too. He doesn't attack, but he hides under the bed a lot.

I know Luna's originally from the humane society, I know she was introduced to Thor to keep him company, and I know Luna's under a year old. This leads me to believe that, after the old owners lost Thor's companion and no longer had a schedule to keep him company, they got him Luna to be his new companion. But Thor and Luna didn't hit it off, so they adopted them both away. This means that, even though we got them as a twofer, Thor is probably still on the tail end of the introductory stage.

So, I figured out why I assumed CWY would buy my ticket. It's their custom... they just decided not to with me. This is what it says under travel:

"Canada World Youth will cover all of your transportation costs during the program, including from your departure point to the designated meeting point at the beginning of your exchange. However, you will need to cover costs from your home to the departure point.

Departure point: Your departure point will most likely be the bus station, train station or airport closest to your home. The transportation from your home to your departure point will not be reimbursed."

But when I got my own travel info:

"IMPORTANT: You are asked to organize your own transportation from your departure point to your meeting point (by bus, train or car). You will receive a partial reimbursement."

The meeting point is in Montreal Trudeau Airport. I don't so much mind having to pay my own way, but I don't exactly know when or where I'm supposed to meet them. It feels like this thing is getting kicked off with a survival test. There's no explanation for why I have to do this... They just backed down on what they said. If I can't trust them for this, why should I trust them for anything else? I mean, this time around I'm okay, but I won't be if they keep pulling stunts like this. Man, I'm pissed.

All my $28000 is in, at least. Turns out, my Criminal Record check passed the three week mark a couple days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment