Saturday, August 2, 2014

Student Vs Regular Fare

Somebody ripped my sunflower out of the ground!! I noticed it was gone today, looked at where it was, and there's a hole in the ground where it used to be.

I get a four day weekend, since the day program ended. We'll have three days of programming next week for the overnight camp, and then we'll have two-weeks of overnight.

I'm back in Guelph. Since I lost my student card, the guy said I'd have to pay the regular fare. Want to know the difference between a regular ticket for a round trip and a student one? Student is $17, regular is $45!! Yowch! If I wind up working in Kitchener, I'm never visiting Guelph again! It's too expensive! I might never stop being a student, just because it's cheaper to live with the student discounts than it is to work and and earn enough to live without them!

Some exaggeration. There are tricks to buying cheap without a student discount, like buying a week in advance or buying in bulk. I'll just have to be a bit smarter. And I wound up getting the student discount anyway because the girl at the other register remembered me.

We got to go to a water park last Friday. I got to go down the Lazy River, got to go into the wave pool, and got to go down water slides. It's been forever since I've got to go down a slide that size! I enjoyed it all, and felt childishly playful.

No comments:

Post a Comment