Monday, October 4, 2010

Baggage Declaration

I finally filled out my baggage declaration form today. It's the third time I've had to fill one out, and it never gets any easier. They ask a lot of annoying questions, like, they want to know the location where each item was purchased, and they want a receipt. A lot of my stuff was donated to me, so I don't know where lots of things came from, and who keeps receipts for all their clothes?

Plus, they want to know if you were charged for excess baggage. See, the person told me my bag was "way over" when she checked it, but she never charged me. I guess Katimavik might have paid for it, but it comes out awkward on the form, because it looks like I'm just saying that so I can get reimbursed for more.

At least when I spoke to this woman in charge of finding it, she didn't sound like she expected me to have receipts for everything. She asked "Do you have any receipts?" and didn't seem surprised at my response.

I also sent in my resumes to be converted to .pdf format for if I ever need to apply via email.

I spoke to an old friend from high school today. Looks like we'll be seeing each other this Wednesday. I'm closing in on finishing my rounds for reestablishing my social network.

That old friend of mine friended an old friend of mine from highschool on Facebook. Now that's weird. It was weird when I learned that that random guy I met at my sensei's Stag & Doe was connected with an old friend from elementary school that moved out of the city years ago, and weirder to find out someone from my high school I knew a little was roommates with a friend from my old pre-employment program, but to think that two people I used to hang out with on a daily basis are friends... That's like worlds colliding. I guess I should get used to it... An elementary school friend turned out to be RELATED to a high school friend. That one probably tops this recent one.

Yikes, Thanksgiving is coming up this weekend?! It sure snuck up!

1 comment:

  1. Through Facebook, I found out that a guy with whom I'd played basketball a few times several years ago (basically a friend of a friend) went to high school with one of my good friends from my first job (the one I had through 2008). Two circles that I never expected to cross ... but probably like with you, it made sense when I thought about it.

    I've lived in the Indianapolis area for 16 years; yeah, there are about 800,000 people here (1.4 million if you count the suburbs as well), but I've hung out in roughly the same circles and done many of the same things over that time. I do meet new people, but they're basically people in the same orbit as me. Eventually some of them are going to overlap ... it's just funny the first couple of times it happens.

    ReplyDelete