Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving, Work, Misc

Well, the visit is over, and we're still working our way through the leftovers. It was especially good to see my three-year-old cousin, who I haven't seen since before he could talk. He is my first experience of watching a child grow, as an adult. Another highlight was, I got some beard-grooming advice from my bearded grandfather. We'll see how that works out.

Yesterday I worked for four hours for the people I would most frequently do odd jobs for before Katimavik. I fixed a composting thing, which required hammering in six-foot metal pegs into the ground with a rock. I felt tough. To be fair, I just hammered three pegs, two feet deep apiece, and one four feet deep, but still! Overall, that's ten feet of hammering, and I had to dig one out, which required digging a three foot hole.

I was pretty wrecked after that day of work. I feel sick, and it doesn't feel like what I had before. It doesn't feel fair, if my illnesses are being stacked. I didn't even know that could happen. I thought that, after you were sick once, you went through a brief period of immunity before you were vulnerable to new illnesses again.

The new neighbours have moved in. They're not as talkative as our old ones.

I'm still working on the 43 reviews. I hate them!!!! It's not possible to do 43 reviews at any kind of fast pace.

I'm playing online Scrabble again. I think I may have said something offensive to my Scrabble partner, so I'm trying to warm her up by beating her at Scrabble. My plan is, she'll think "Such a competent Scrabble player can't be all bad" once I defeat her. Until then, we only know each other in the world of competitive Scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment