Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bloodwork, Post Office, Haircut

Today I had some blood taken for B12 testing, mailed some stuff, and got my hair cut.

I'm pretty confident in my bloodwork. I've been keeping up with my supplements perfectly, and if ever the results should show, they should show now.

It wasn't the roster of blood-takers I'm used to. Remember, my doctor has had me tested for so many things, I know all the lab people (I don't know if they're doctors or nurses or what, so I'm waffling around the title) and their varying levels of skill. This time, however, it was two new people! Person who took my blood was pretty good. I barely felt it, although there was some stinging for a short period afterward if I flexed my arm. She didn't ask me if I was doing alright, though. I think it's policy that they do, because they usually do, and when she didn't, her senior worker came over and asked me. She did, however, speak to me instead on a casual and informal level. Going there was so chill, it felt more like ordering a slice of pizza than getting a medical procedure done. She probably thought I seemed cool as a cucumber, so she didn't need to check up on me. I should seem that way, after I've taken so many.

She wasn't the legendary blood worker I used to get sometimes, where you wouldn't feel the shot, and there'd be no after effect... WHAT! When I say it like that, it makes it sound like I never had the shot taken! Maybe she just swapped in a fake vial of blood when I wasn't looking, and then put me down as Vitamin B12 deficient to prank me?!?!?!?!

Or, she was the real deal, and has now climbed the ladder to truly great heights...

Anyway, I went to the post office next. I met a guy I was acquainted with from high school, who works there. We were in the same year together and had some classes in common, but we never spoke. I've also spoken with him on a professional level, going to the post office in the past, but not on a personal one. I tried initiating conversation with him based on our common ground this time, with mixed results. He shot down the high school topic pretty quick, and initially I thought that meant he wasn't interested in speaking with me, but then he became much more casual and informal, and initiated some level of conversation himself.

I forgot the most important thing that I wanted to mail, though... That was a failure. I still mailed one thing, though.

I left the haircut for last, because I don't like changing my hair quantity. After my first haircut, after having it grown out for four years, which was quite the self-identity crisis, my fear of haircuts stayed with me for some time. I still feel like it will be a real challenge, but this time it wasn't. I don't think my dream self-image will alter based on this.

Anyway, my old haircut place is gone now, so I went to First Choice, because I was under the impression it's like the McDonald's for hair. They're the most common chain around here, and people complain about them... which is just fine by me! I don't want to give the impression that I'm too vain about my hair.

Well, a haircut there costs like, $20. The last place I got my hair cut was in Summerside, and there it cost $11. Almost half price. The place I used to go to around here was $14.

The lady who worked on my hair was pretty pro. She kept asking me how I wanted my hair cut. I never knew what to say. Nobody had ever asked me anything about how I wanted my hair, outside from length. One time, I got a pretty stylish cut sort of by accident, but I didn't ask for it.

She analyzed my previous haircut, asked who did it, gave recommendations... With the price and quality of service increase... I felt like this place was actually for people going there as their first choice.

Anyway, that was weird, but the cut came out nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment