Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seeing Old Friends, Nightmares

Yesterday, I saw someone from my old pre-employment program that I haven't seen since near the end of the program, which was about a year and a half ago. She was speeding by in a car, so it was just for a second, but I know it was her! and I don't know if she recognized me, but she saw me, and I saw her. She gave me a look like "8O" (that's the emoticon for a surprised face, if you don't know), but I don't know if that was because she recognized me, or because I was making the "8O" face at her.

CWY sent me another message, saying "Are you sure you don't want to join this month? There are still openings! Don't respond unless you're ready to leave RIGHT NOW!!!"

Dang, missed opportunity. Oh well, if I go next year, I'll have done Ways2Work in 2009, Katimavik 2010, and CWY 2011. That's like, a pattern. If I do three programs, that elevates me to "program junkie" level.

I saw an old friend from elementary and middle school, who I've stayed in touch with, today. He's the guy who was friends with one of my high school friends, which I was freaking out over. He won't let up with the scary coincidences! He moved while I was gone, as did my family, and both moved to the same general area. He's almost a neighbour! He's in easy walking distance, but my family and him have never seen each other in the area. Not only that, but he's neighbours with a guy who lived in the place where I lived when I left, who I used to talk to! This old neighbour was like, the first guy I ran into when I went over to my friend's place!

I feel like I know too many people, now. Maybe it's not coincidence. Maybe I keep running into people I know because I'm actually pretty familiarized with my city at this point in time....

I also spoke with a guy I knew from elementary school, today, who found me on Facebook while I was in Katimavik, but who I otherwise haven't had contact with in almost a decade.

I've had bad insomnia lately. Probably due to all my nightmares. It must be because Halloween is coming up. These are pretty Halloween-related dreams.

In one dream, I'm a skeleton, and I'm hanging out with these other two guys, who are bossing me around, which they can get away with, because I'm a skeleton. Then, this big shroud of smoke appears, and in it are ghouls and creepers of all kinds. They charge us, causing us indescribable terror. We run away,and manage to evade them for some time, but after awhile, Zombie Mr. T shows up, pulls a gun, and says, "Join the Monster Mash, Foo!" or something like that. So we surrender ourselves and become consumed and assimilated by the horde. We go around spooking people, then go back to the house and throw a party. I pine that "I'd like to think I'm doing this for the Monster Party privileges, but in my heart, I know I'm just too scared to defy Zombie Mr. T".

In another one, I'm playing with my pet rabbit, and he hops off the fifth floor balcony, where we lived before the last place we lived. I think he must be wounded or dead, and I'm terrified. I want to reach him, but I can't without the Superintendent's permission, since he fell into his backyard. After some searching, which causes me anxiety since I know that, if my rabbit is alive, but wounded, he could die or become incurable if I'm too slow. I find the superintendent,and he lets me get to my rabbit. Everything is alright, because instead or dying or becoming wounded, my rabbit... became a giant slug. I don't care, because he's still got the same soul.

I'm a bit or a dream analyst, but I don't think I'll be doing that in this environment. Go to town if you want, though.

I don't know why I felt so guilty in the first dream. I mean, it's not like spooking people is nice, but the guilt I feel for it is really disproportionate. I'm not murdering anyone! I'm basically just going, "Boo!"

1 comment: