Thursday, May 5, 2011

Balding

I'm glad of the reception I got in the comments section yesterday. I was worried people would call me an unemployed loser and tell me to stop being a drain on society. Well, not in so many words, but...

I guess that's just how I feel. It was pretty out-of-character for me to quit, but when you've got deadlines rushing you and you keep being denied because of all this free work you're doing... I believe I should benefit society, but it's supposed to be a mutual thing. I benefit society, and in return, society benefits me. That wasn't happening.

...

I think I'm BALDIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

IT'S THE END!!!! THE ENNNNNNNNNNNND!!!!!!!!

I'd like to say it was the stress of working those factory jobs, but I don't think it was. In Katimavik, when we were playing a game where we listed our favourite and least favourite features about ourselves, for my physique, I said "The fact I'm balding". And one of the clients for people with intellectual disabilities where I was working told me that I'm balding. Both those things happened in first rotation.

I remember that, when I graduated high school, I still had a full head of hair. In fact, I had a head of beautiful, flowing hair that fell to the small of my back.

So it was between graduating high school and starting Katimavik. I graduated high school in 2008 and attended Katimavik in 2010. That means it probably started in 2009.

When I was a little kid, my hair was light brown, almost blond. Then it darkened to almost black. Also, it used to be dead straight. Now it's pretty darn wavy. My hair's gone through a lot of transformations in life, but it looks like it's the end of the road...

I think I've spoken about this before, but now I've gotten self-conscious enough about it to wear a bandana to cover up my bald spot.

Hey, have you ever thought about why folding your arms is supposed to be intimidating? In the wild, a creature will try and make itself look larger to frighten away an enemy, but folding your arms is a way of making yourself look smaller. It's also a habit for introverted or insecure people, and it's not a good stance at all for combat. Weird.

CWY lost my criminal record check... I lost my birth certificate, and it turns out vaccinations cost like, $100 a pip.

On my MyFile on the CWY website, under Criminal Record Check, it says "We have received a copy of your criminal record check. Keep the original.", but it didn't have a check mark next to it on the check-off box like the rest of the things I've completed.

I submitted a criminal record check in 2010 when they first asked me to join as a replacement for someone who backed out. Because it was such short notice, I asked them to transfer my file from Katimavik, which they said was okay, since they work out of the same office. I wouldn't have assumed that that was still valid, except it said so directly on the site. Only because of my slight unease due to that little left-out detail did I contact them, and lo and behold, it's not there.

As for my birth certificate... That's maddening. I really thought I'd just go over to my filing cabinet and take it out. I was pretty sure it would be in my new cabinet, because I was pretty sure there must've been something else I'd used it for since then... It seems like one of the staples: Health Card, SIN, Birth Certificate... But it wasn't there so I looked through the old files from the cabinet I had before my family moved. Under "Important Documents" I found the perforated piece of paper that my birth certificate was originall in, but no certificate itself...

And as for the vaccinations, someone told me they were like $10 apiece, but I guess they missed a digit. I needed what, seven vaccinations? $700, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment