Monday, May 16, 2011

Birth Certificate Surpisingly Convenient Arrival

Today my birth certificate arrived. This is a huge relief, since if it had taken the worst-case amount of time within their estimate, it would have fallen outside the deadline for getting it in. My Criminal Record Check is going to fall outside the deadline, but since that's only because CWY was slow in finding whether or not they had it, they're going to be cool with that.

I received a friend invite on Facebook, and a message from someone in my up-coming CWY group. He says he'll make a group for us so that we can all get to know each other, and that he'll be passing through Guelph a lot in the next month, so we'll probably get to see each other before the program starts.

I have to get my orange belt in Karate this month, or I won't be able to get it at all. I need two stripes: black and green. Before, you could get your black stripe on Mondays and Tuesdays. Now, you can only get any stripe on Thursdays and Fridays. Also, the Green stripe used to be free (it was for attendance). Now, you need to perform every kata up to where you are. The black stripe is the kata stripe, which you get for performing the katas you learned within your rank. This means that, for the black stripe, I need to perform my Yellow katas, and for my green, I have to perform White and Yellow. Green just went from the easiest stripe to the hardest.

Also, because gradings are on Thursdays, instead of having Monday and Tuesday to get my stripes for two weeks, I only have the Thursday and Friday the week prior.

This means that, by the old system, I would have four chances to get one stripe, whereas, by the new system, I have two chances to get two stripes. And since I failed black stripe in a surprising way last time, I'm not too confident about my chances this time around...

No comments:

Post a Comment