Sunday, May 22, 2011

Got My Green Stripe

I got my green stripe. I'll tell you how I got it, but I really hope Sensei never reads this. See, I went in to Open Practice, ready to beg for an illegal shot for the stripe, and saw that the only sensei there was the one that wasn't there to see me get my black stripe the day before. So I asked to test with him. I did, and he said that I should work on my shutos, but I'd get the stripe next Thursday. I told him next Thursday was Grading. He decided to let me practice a bit, come back, and try again. After he saw my second try at it, he said that if it were any other stripe, any other day, I wouldn't get it, but that he didn't want to hold me back another full month.

So basically, I wasn't eligible to test, and I failed it, but I got the stripe.

What. You think someone's going to notice my stripes and timeline don't quite sync up? We'll see about that.

For CWY, I think that they didn't have a clear idea of our exact locations at first, but then decided to put us down as Agricultural. This makes sense, because La Pocatier is a small town with little to it's name. Perfect farmland. Then, after some research, they found out there's nothing to farm in Karadjé, so they decided to make that rotation a different focus. This makes sense, because Karadjé is a tiny village with almost no information about it on the Internet at all, except that it's in the middle of the desert.

So I'll be farming for three months in Quebec, and I'll be doing something else in Mali, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment