Sunday, November 17, 2013

Flu Shot

I got my flu shot the other day. When it comes to the flu shot, I'm always torn between my hypochondriac side and my cheap side. On the one hand, I'm getting chemicals plugged into my veins which freaks me out, but on the other hand, it's free. I always wind up wanting to stay an extra 40 minutes passed the required 15 to see if I have a negative reaction. I have seen people pass out in the waiting section after getting their shot, actually. But I've never reacted badly.

I noticed on the form it was asking a lot of weird questions about eggs. It asked if I was allergic to eggs, if I was allergic, how allergic was I, how I like my eggs cooked, and when the last time I'd eaten eggs was.

...Okay, not those last two. Still seemed odd to me. My best medical analysis based on this information is that the syrum is made of eggs. Next year, I'm going to put some egg paste in a syringe and put it into my bloodstream. That way I can use free-range eggs, which I'm sure is better for fighting off the flu, anyway.

...I'm kidding. I don't know why talking about eggs is getting me into such a mood.

I took that shot like a champ. I didn't even bleed. I'm so good at taking shots, since I got all that bloodwork done, and since I had all those vaccinations. I know people who got the shot and their arm bruised all up. They were like "Something in the serum makes you bruise this year." Greenhorns can't handle their eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment