Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween and RAK

On Halloween I didn't dress up, so somebody put this... giant magnet-looking garment with... baby chickens on it... over my shoulders.

When somebody puts a chick magnet on you, you can't just take it off, because if you do, it shows you lack confidence in your magnetism.

And I couldn't get somewhere private to slip humbly away, because it... worked too well. Couldn't go anywhere without girls clinging onto me and wanting their pictures taken with me.

There were people around that I knew, but I couldn't break form... Must've come across as quite out of character.

Still feel kind of slimy...

Next day was Random Act of Kindness day at the school... And just like the last Respect meet, there was a disappointing turnout of volunteers. I got put on duty to walk around with this big sign saying "SMILE" on it. After a bit, I sort of started getting a perverse pleasure out of pressuring people into smiling.

"A" Wing is the least smiley wing.

I remember doing a discrimination awareness workshop in Katimavik. We had an activity where, if you'd at some point experienced an event that was described, you stood up, and if you hadn't, you remained seated. Most of the events were what I expected, but one of them surprised me. It was "You have been asked by a stranger to smile". I thought "Why would a stranger ask someone to smile? What and odd thing to say", but then every female in the group stood, and every male remained seated.

Anyway, I guess I just did that to all the girls in my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment