Sunday, November 10, 2013

Internet Down

I got to go home last weekend. Because I don't have any classes on Friday, and because of the way that my Thursday class is being distributed, I got four days off of school. That means I was able to go home for four days.

Same day I left, I found out that the Internet at my place was down. I was laughing, because I'd just dodged running into this issue. Yeah, well, four days later and it's still down. Working over at the school right now.

I was told about the issue by email. I was just reminded through email, told that I would be kept in touch with regarding the situation through email, and I was linked to a site where I could track how the issue was coming along.

If you hadn't noticed, all those resources are via Internet. The resource that isn't working.

Our service provider has no estimate for when the issue will be resolved.

My school needs to get one of those coffee machines. Right now, if I want caffeine, I have to drink pop from a vending machine, and I'm not into that.

For some reason, I keep getting these females I don't know trying to friend me on Facebook, sending me flirty messages. I'm not naive, I'm pretty sure they're robots with predicted responses leading to a request to go on a website that will give me a virus or something like that.

First one I tried to talk to. She responded at length but didn't give any response that directly referenced anything I'd said, so I thought she was using predicted messages. I called her a robot and she unfriended me. Second one, I noticed she was friends with two of my friends so I messaged them. She'd sent them both the same message that she sent me, so we all three deleted her. I just got another request from a third girl. Just weird they're all stacked in a row like this.

1 comment:

  1. I actually get those too on occasion. I always assume they're for pr0n sites; the site has someone set up a FB account, using a stock picture of a young, attractive woman showing some skin, then sends out friend requests to a bunch of random guys, hoping to eventually get them to sign up for whatever.

    I guess it's like spam, but more work - doesn't matter how many times they get shot down as long as they get a certain percentage of people to bite. But that might explain why you get the requests in groups: they set up a bunch of profiles and all go at the same time, kind of like the dumber spammers that send the same message with certain names switched out several times in an hour or two.

    ReplyDelete