Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Last Two Midterm Results

Got my last midterm results back. For the one that I thought I'd done real bad on, I actually passed by quite a margin, and for the Psych one, I did as well as I expected and managed to beat the class average. So my new studying efforts are actually paying off.

We have to pass each course to move forward in this program. If you fail one course, then you get kicked out of the program. If we fail with a grade between 50-60%, we have the option of paying $40 to be able to do a makeup assignment to raise the grade to the minimum 60%. We only have the option of doing that twice over the course of the two years.

So far I've managed to pass everything. Group Dynamics is the only one that I'm a little worried about at this point. In it, you need to have an average of over 60% for individual assignments. My group assignments would have pushed me into the safe zone, but that course is kind of like a two-in-one and you need to pass both. Final exam next Thursday. Probably the most intense time of the semester for me, but it should be okay since I've got more of a handle on things this time around, and if I've not failed yet, there's no reason to start now.

This is like high school. Not to go too into detail, but I had an education disadvantage on entering and had to struggle pretty hard to get onto track. Had to work harder than most people, was delayed in my progress, started at the bottom, slowly fought my way up and became higher than most of the upper crust in my school.

Right now, my disadvantage level is about... when I was in grade ten. Compared to my relative competence next to my peers, that is. So I get to skip the hardest stage and I have my previous successes to reinforce my faith in my capacity for improvement, which I hadn't had before.

I'm told that I'm a competitive person, and right now I'm competing with myself. I keep telling myself that I can't let Teenaged Gryphon beat Adult Gryphon, since Adult Gryphon has it easier than his teenaged version did.

My Internet is still down. It's been down for a week. My landlord just got sick of it and we're replacing it with another company on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment