Friday, May 29, 2015

Laptop is Done

My laptop bit it. The button on the mouse stopped working, I started using a detachable keyboard and mouse. Then the computer stopped registering the detachable mouse and keyboard. So now I can turn it on and look at my desktop, and use my mouse to scroll around the screen, but I can't click or type anything. I'm trying to remember how old this laptop is. Less than two years, that's for sure, because I remember using my old laptop where I'm currently staying and I remember talking to an SSW peer about getting the newer one. The laptop before this lasted over six years.

I don't know whether I should get a new one or try and repair the one I have now. I still have access to the school computers until August, so I can kind of make it through.

I got something in the mail congratulating me on graduating and for having completed the program with distinction.

I don't know if I want to register with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers now or if I should wait until after convocation. The form asks for a date of convocation and there is a section for special requests before convocation. If it's standard to wait until after convocation, I don't mind.

I had two interviews this week. I am officially a bearded man again, as I did not have to shave to be presentable. The interviews included a second round with Facile and a direct support contract with EaF. I am now a member of the Facile team and I have an EaF contract as well.

When Summer Program begins I'm really going to have my hands full working full time and having two contracts. I feel like I'm on the precipice of a new adventure, coming out of a reflective and transitional point after completing college.

No comments:

Post a Comment