Friday, September 17, 2010

cat planet explained

Okay, so I'm thinking maybe some of you might be a little confused about yesterday's update, so let me explain. Yesterday, I had started a post, but was called away. My brother went to the computer, saw my blog post was open, and asked if he should close it. I said yes. He said "But I want to write your update," so I said "Sure, go ahead." He said, "I wrote 'cat planet' over and over again". I said, "Post it".

Now, I didn't want to explain this, because I thought it would be funnier left unexplained, but my brother requests it. Cat planet is a computer game where you play as an angel, who flies around a planet full of cats. The objective is to explore the entire planet, and talk to as many cats as you can. There are deadly obstacles, but there are no ramifications for dying: you simply regenerate. If you like cats or planets, this is the game for you.

Anyway, today I went to Mom's Hep C clinic with her... Met some doctors and nurses. Apparently they've heard a lot about me. I got a free cup of coffee and stupidly turned down the opportunity to get a free cereal bar. Mom told them her condition hadn't changed. That about sums it up.

Dealt with some financial stuff. I don't want to talk about it.

Made bread today! Went to my old high school to see the teacher who sparked my Katimavik fund. Poked my head in her class, saw she was teaching. She saw me, said, "Hi, Dear". I popped back out. Didn't know if she recognized me or not (some people need a double-take, and I only gave her a first take), didn't know if she'd come see me or not, or if I should further interrupt her class by asking. Didn't know if I should stick around just to see, standing outside the classroom's field of vision so the kids wouldn't see me if it turned out I was waiting on nothing. I pondered a little, then bolted. High schools must be made to be awkward.

I emailed her, though. Got her schedule, and I'll see her next Monday.

Spoke to someone from the airline. Apparently they didn't get a lot of info or something, which doesn't make sense, because the people who told me to contact this person had it. Itold her, but she wants me to fill out the forms again. It's alright, though. Apparently they got around to writing me a cheque, but sent it to Thunder Bay. They've sent stuff to Chisasibi and Thunder Bay, but not here. I just need them to send something to Summerside to complete the pattern.

This lady seemed alright, though. She seemed easier to communicate with, and had more control over what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment