Sunday, September 26, 2010

Phantom Update

Okay, so the phantom didn't come back last night. Too bad, I had a little jab, reverse, jab, reverse, roundhouse kick prepared for it! I was so excited about fighting the ghost, I had a hard time getting to sleep!

I scored a free file cabinet last night. This is useful, because, in the move, my family saved my files, but lost my file cabinet. Unfortunately, my old files are too large for the new cabinet. Fortunately, the new cabinet has it's own files! Time to get filing!

I put the new cabinet in the room I'd be most inclined to haunt, if I were a ghost. Seems like the ghost wants to haunt the bathroom, but I think that's probably just a red herring. Why would anyone want to haunt a bathroom? I put it in the cold room, where it probably ACTUALLY haunts. Take that ghost, I'm messing with your world now, aren't I?!

I made bread today. One loaf is a cheese bread, and one will go to the teacher from my old school, who I still haven't seen yet. I'm not giving her the cheese one, though, just on the off-chance she and everyone else I've given bread to get together and compare notes, and they find out she got better bread.

My recipe says it makes four loaves, but it actually makes five. We need another bread pan.

A little while ago, we made empanadas. In Katimavik, empanadas were one of my four favorite meals: homemade pizza, chicken dinner, butter chicken, and empanadas. There was also a curry that was really good, but we had so many different kinds, I'll never isolate what that one particular kind was. Anyway, the empanadas weren't my recipe, and we didn't know how to make them, so we looked up a recipe, but they turned out great! As good as the ones I had in Katimavik. Turns out they're real simple, and we've had them again since then.

I'm probably getting together with another old friend this Tuesday. Spoke to him today.

So, if you start Katimavik and drop out, then you can never reapply. For this reason, I was a little worried that, if I got slated into a group in CWY and I said no thanks, that might mean that I dropped out, meaning I could never do the program. So instead of officially canceling the process, I decided to just not complete my application until the danger of being selected for a current group passed. Well, guess what happened? I just got an email saying that CWY has approved my medical file! Uh-oh. Time to get a little more assertive.

No comments:

Post a Comment