Sunday, September 19, 2010

Katimavik Anticlimactic Finish

Do you know what I was thinking about today? A lisp is the inability to properly pronounce the "s" sound. Rhotacism is the inability to properly pronounce r's, l's and hard suffixes. Aspergers is a mild form of autism, which can cause social awkwardness, and hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is the fear of long words. Psychiatrists must be dicks. "Lisp" has an "s" in it, Rhotacism has an "r", Aspergers sounds like ass burgers, so it's awkward to say, and hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is a monstrously large word. It's like they wanted people afflicted with these conditions to demonstrate their effect when they say their respective terms.

I revamped my resume. Even though I've worked at my Katimavik placements longer than anywhere else, 2010 was looking cramped, so I mashed them into one section, and left my short-term temp work with a full section apiece, because it spread across the years better. I also knocked off a section of work experience, because no matter how you glorify "babysitter when I was thirteen" by calling it "child care providing" and talking about "providing a variety of nutritious meals" and "organizing recreational activities", it's still the kind of thing that a resume outgrows.

I put down Katimavik for education and volunteer work, too. I did seventeen volunteer events outside of my work placements.

A little while ago, I tallied up my Facebook's front page. I had 22 likes, 20 comments and 4 wall posts. Of them, 33 were Katimavik, 7 Katimavik associates, and 6 unassociated.

I beat that cat planet game Bro posted about. You have to do it in one shot, because there's no save function. Even though you can't lose, the game counts your deaths. We watched a guy on Youtube play it. He died 26 times. My brother died 96 times. I died 1232 times.

Damn it, all I want to do nowadays is sleep, drink and play videogames. I told someone this and they were like "Okay". THAT IS NOT OKAY!!!!!!

Let me tell you about how my Katimavik experience left on a sour note.

So there's this guy who said I was the best friend he'd ever had in his life, said that I was the strongest, most intelligent, and most respected member of the group, that I was the most interesting person he'd ever met, and that I had more worth as a human being than him. He was my closest friend and greatest teacher.

Well, after Katimavik, he posts on my wall, "You're not cool, Gryphon. I'm done." and he unfriends me. I'm like, "What the hell...?" and this other girl in my group is like, "He doesn't want to be your friend after the stupid things you said!!!" and this other girl also takes a shot at me, so I'm like, "What did I say?" and she's all like "I'm not involved. It's between you two.". So I'm all, "I messaged him and he won't message me back, and it's not just between me and him. It's between me and you, too. I lived with you for six months too, and I care how you feel as well. If you can't tell me why he's angry, can you tell me why you are?" and she's all, "If you can't think of what it is by yourself, you don't deserve to know. DON'T MESSAGE ME! I think you're immature". And then she unfriends me!

And the other girl who took a shot wouldn't even respond.

I have absolutely no clue what I could have said. I've searched my brain, and I can't think of a single offensive thing I've ever said to, or about this person.

Whatever happened must have happened within the last three weeks of the program, or else I wouldn't have been nominated and reelected as chairperson, and this person wouldn't have requested that he be House Manager with me. I've never been caught up in drama like this. I didn't think I was even capable of offending anyone.

I don't mind pseudo-breaking my privacy policy for this, because they went and snuck around my back first!!!

Whatever it was, this loser guy restated the value of our friendship at debriefing camp and promised to stay in touch at the airport. None of them could speak to me directly, and now they ignore me. No matter what they'd have to say, if I spoke to them face-to-face, I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have just walked away without saying a word, which is what they're doing here.

To help cap off this obnoxious caper, here's the Italian opening for Trollz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMWhoXlVyl4&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. Boy, this sure sounds like a total misunderstanding -- even maybe one of those things where someone else claims to be you and makes an obnoxious statement. You must feel angry, hurt and frustrated! All I can suggest is to wait a bit so people cool down and try again to find out what caused this bizarre situation. These people know you well enough so that they should be able to give you the benefit of the doubt! Good luck ... xox

    ReplyDelete