Monday, March 26, 2012

300th Blog Post

Sorry I haven't updated for the past couple days. I know that I'm pretty bad about updating, so that usually doesn't need to be said, but life's gotten more interesting lately, so I thought I might as well say it. I was in Toronto visiting some relatives.

I decided to apply for the internship position. It's only three months long, but it would fit nicely into the space of time before I start college, if I wind up going in September. It's $16 an hour, and 35 hours a week. I did the math, and it's still a raise from Linamar at 40 hours a week. I'm guessing they made it a scratch less than 40 hours to avoid having to give me benefits or something, but that's fine by me, since working through an agency never allowed me to have benefits before, anyway. I've found a place I could stay for a little bit while I found somewhere else, if I do land the position. This would be a good job, because CWY is a non-profit organization, and it's relevant to the social services.

Here's my cover letter. I edited out the names because I don't even know.

"Dear ____,

I am sending this email as a letter of application for the Digital Skills Youth Intern position. I feel that I would be a good fit, as I have successfully completed three youth programs, including Canada World Youth and it's sister program, Katimavik. As such, I am very passionate about the organization to which I am applying, and deeply believe in the benefits that youth programs offer both participants and associates.

I possess all the skills that were stated as desirable on the Job Posting, those being familiarity with computers, good organizational skills, demonstrated ability to work in a team, experience doing research, and intuition for handling problem situations. I also have an interest in reaching out to communities with access barriers, as one of my rotations in Katimavik was a First Nations community, and I have remained in contact with members of the community post-completion of the program. I am able to communicate in both English and French, as my Canada World Youth assignment's official language was French.

I have an interest in learning and look toward this program as an opportunity to acquire new skills and to improve myself in areas of which I am already proficient. Attached is my resume, I have full availability.

Best wishes,

____"

I called my family doctor and asked for the results of my skin sample test. Apparently, it came back negative. There was nothing to imply that anything was ever even a little bit wrong. That's reassuring in a way, but in another way, not really, because I know there was something wrong, and whatever it was, the test failed to pick up on it. Oh well, maybe my body killed whatever it was, since I was on the path of recovery at the time I got tested, and what was left was just the recovering after-effect, while the infection was already gone.

I'm probably going to be Skyping with the logbook authority tomorrow morning. I'm scared!

This is my legitimate 300th blog post. I didn't prepare anything special.

No comments:

Post a Comment