Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Logbook Might Not Come Down

Wow, am I glad I held myself back from breaking out into rage when I saw that the logbook might be coming down. I had thought that the last active moderator (fellow participant in my group) was pulling the trigger on the blog, deleting the work of others, while simultaneously using it as a platform to plug his own informational projects regarding the experience. I was ready to turn this blog into a smear campaign, but I forced myself to wait a few days to cool off, and in the mean time, simply try to figure out the reason behind this.

He responded to me by email, and it turns out, it's not a matter of this specific blog coming down, but of this entire generation of CWY logbooks, since this is the first generation of blogs done like this, and we'd be wiped out to make a clean slate for the next group. He even made an attempt to get a backup of the blog. So, you see, my anger was completely misplaced.

Not only that, but my inquiry reached even further, and I got a response beyond that of the local moderator. Turns out, someone in the CWY offices, a former participant of CWY, who did Quebec-Mali herself (apparently we're only the third generation of Quebec-Mali for this specific series of groups) from years back, and she assured me that the logbook will probably stay up, and she requests my further involvement with the program, spreading awareness to further groups and giving input on how the program might be improved.

I have such an adrenalin rush right now. But I'm gonna wait a bit and cool off. First I was too angry to think straight, and now I'm too excited. I feel like my writing doesn't even make sense right now.

I got responses from all three of the colleges I've applied to, too. Just to tell me they have received my application. Two of them have given me college emails and profiles on their websites, even.

No comments:

Post a Comment