Friday, March 16, 2012

Weird Job Offer

Yesterday, I got a potential job offer via email through that employment agency that had me host a workshop, and which has been helping me through this college application. The job description wasn't given in the email, but it did have a forwarded list of the confused thread of emails that brought the offer to me. So I looked through them until I found the original offer. It was a pretty standard general labour position, moving orthopedic supplies. The one differentiating feature? "This position would be better suited for a woman".

Ehhhh, they all think I'm a woman!

Winter's done. It was going between total spring and total winter for awhile, but all of a sudden, about three days back, it just decided to turn late spring, and it's hard to imagine it changing back to anything resembling winter at this point. Maybe early spring, but not winter.

Yeah, one day I put on my coat, headed outside and got a blast of hot air. People were wearing shorts and T-shirts. Yesterday I wore a light sweater, and that was way too hot. It moved from coat weather to T-shirt weather overnight.

I know I've said it the past two times it came to this season, but I sure do hate spring. I don't know why. Something bad must have happened to me in spring when I was a child, or something...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, down here the temperature is already close to 30°C; normally we wouldn't see that until mid-April, and this time of year snow wouldn't be unusual. Global warming? Global cooking, more likely. I hope this doesn't mean we get 40-degree days in the summer.

    ReplyDelete