Monday, March 12, 2012

Couple of Short Dreams

It was my Dad's birthday yesterday... Or... two days ago. I know, I'm up really late tonight. I'm counting this as Sunday's post. Don't know why I didn't mention it, since it was the day of my last post. I gave him a call. He's fine.

Did my taxes a couple weeks ago, and I should be getting a tax return sometimes this week. Turned out to be more than I thought...

Last night I had a dream that I was stuck inside an apartment with my family and couldn't escape. Two days passed, and our supplies were running low. I decided nobody was coming for us, so I picked up an axe and said I was going to chop the door down. Then I lost the axe, but I found a machete. At first I was frustrated and kept looking for the axe, but along the way, started wondering if I might prefer to chop the door down with a machete. I found the axe, but was still undecided between the two weapons. I think I chose the axe. I woke up when I was in mid-swing to knock the door down.

I remember that we were locked in the apartment because of an electrical failure, although that doesn't make sense. We didn't chop the door down at first because it felt like the government was obligated to rescue us, and that by taking matters into our own hands, it was a symbol of mistrust in our government. Even a sort of betrayal.

I also had a dream that I was on a train. Somebody walked by me and sort of nodded for me to look at the next car over. I get up and take a look. The rest of the train has been detached from ours, and is falling away from view. The guy had severed the connection of that part of the train from ours. I think to myself "Thank you" and return to my seat silently, trying not to show any sign of reaction, because the people in this car aren't meant to know what's happened yet.

Those were some crazier-than-average dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment