Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dislocating Body Parts

So, did you guys know that I can dislocate my jaw?  I can pull my jaw back, until I feel this sort of "Click" sensation, and then it won't close properly with a regular vertical command.  I have to slide it horizontally, and bring it over a "hill" in my jaw before it will close normally.  I used to think this wasn't unusual, but in Katimavik, everyone was amazed by my ability to open my jaw very widely.  It appeared that I was the strongest in this category.  Since then, I have grown to understand that this is a fairly unusual ability, of which I should be appreciative.

I can also dislocate my left thumb, but not my right.  If I concentrate on that too much, I feel uneasy.  As a right-handed person, I'm used to my right hand being more proficient than my left.  But after this display, my right hand comes out wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment