Thursday, May 3, 2012

Murder in Town

So, there has been a murder in Guelph.  It's not so intimidating, considering it happened five years ago, and details are only showing up recently.  But it holds a little bit more significance to me.  I never knew the victim, so perhaps it's not warranted, but I was very near to her when she died, apparently.

When me, my Mom and my brother had to evacuate the apartment we'd lived in  for 18 years, entering a neighbourhood of which I'd heard had a certain stigma, it was within a week that we were confronted by a policewoman, who wanted to know what information we had about the death of a young woman whose corpse had been found directly outside our building.

Guelph is considered the safest city in Canada, and Canada itself has a pretty good reputation.  This was the worst crime that I'd ever heard having been committed in my home city.  Official report said that the cause of death was unknown.  I'd assumed she'd OD'd or something.

Wrong... Apparently she was a prostitute and drug addict.  Her murderer was a client who had behaved violently towards prostitutes in the past.  Her death came from being strangled.

No comments:

Post a Comment