Saturday, May 26, 2012

Shea Butter and Camera

A lot of older people I know enjoy the idea of me going into residence, and don't really see where my insecurities concerning age come into place.  Do you remember being a child, and relatives asking after interests that you'd had, but had "grown out" of?  Or being dragged somewhere, maybe by the interest of a younger sibling, and being embarrassed because you thought people might think it was you with that interest?  Or maybe even just feigning disgust at an old interest because you felt that you were too old for it?

Well, as an adult, I don't mind being seen engaging in a childish activity, or having a childish interest.  That's because I've disengaged from the period of life in which I was a child to the extent that I don't have to worry about being considered one unless I show signs of a mental disorder, which I'm not too worried about.

Right now, my older friends see me in the category of a "young adult" which comprises the late teens and early to mid twenties.  I see a more distinct difference between those years, and have regained the insecurity of not having fully disengaged a time of life that I am now in the process of leaving.

But, as I've said, adaptation is my thing, and unless I somehow get stuck with a xenophobic Quebecois family, I should be fine.

I gave my grandmother some shea soap and shea butter.  She says it's like nothing she's ever used before.  She says that the raw shea butter is especially good, that it's killed callouses in a matter of days, and that while the effect is strong, the process is gentle.  My grandmother is a wise woman with much experience.  She even has experience with products that contain shea butter, and it looks like all those other ingredients only dilute the power of shea butter.  she says she's already thinking of how she can get more.  I'm not surprised.  That's the pride of Mali we're talking about.

I figured out how to change the image quality and size on my camera.  Remember, I said I had a friend who managed to change it to a higher quality and size?  Well, he doesn't look like such a wizard to me anymore.  Turns out, the process he used consisted mostly of "Pressing a large button on the front of the camera that I hadn't noticed before somehow".  Still, this is a hand-me-down camera, and I discovered this feature, while it doesn't appear that it's previous owner ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment