Thursday, January 23, 2014

First Assignment of the Semester

Today I did a twenty-minute roleplay that I will have to write an eight page paper on, due next Tuesday. First assignment of the year. I roleplayed a sixteen year old Asian kid who got alcohol poisoning and had to have his stomach pumped. He felt pressure from his family, being the youngest of three children, to maintain the family standard. He felt he couldn't keep up with his family's expectations and that he also couldn't fit in with his peers socially.

As the worker, my classmate played a homeless Muslim girl who had been living on the streets since she had locked her violent, drunk father out of the house and been subsequently kicked out the next day. She felt she was responsible for protecting her two younger siblings.

I'm writing the paper on myself as the worker, so it will be about my experience with the second scenario. Some people are panicking about only having four days to write it, but I think it should be fine.

If you put Geyphon Sib in a Google search, you get my name as the only recommendation. I know I've already said that, but it's interesting to note that, before my name comes up as a suggestion, you get "Gryphon Singapore" "Gryphon size chart" "Gryphon Sixth Form" and "Gryphon singular" as the suggestions for "Gryphon Si"

Here's the explanation for "Gryphon Singapore":

"The Gryphon Tea Company was founded with a mission to make high-quality, gourmet teas accessible to discerning tea drinkers seeking new taste experiences."

Here's a Gryphon size chart:


Gryphon Sixth Form

"The Gryphon Sixth Form is a large and vibrant community of over 440 students, 40% of whom join us from neighbouring state and independent schools. We offer our students high academic standards within a very caring and supportive school community. Resources and facilities are outstanding and are continually updated to meet student needs."

It's like an alternative school, I think.

And the Gryphon Singular:

"A drop barred, rigid, big wheeled, singlespeed (or geared) bike – it's not for everyone but some may find it just perfect."


So there you go. These are the things I am most similar to: Tea, a measurement system, an alternative school, and a bicycle. I didn't do so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment