Sunday, January 26, 2014

Human Existence

This has been such a weird month. My friend gave birth, another friend died, and my great grandmother is turning 100. It urges the mind to compare the severity of contrasting fortune in human life, with one person living for a century, and another leaving us at the age of eighteen. And with the birth we see the creation of life contrasted with the presence of death. Two people living and standing at opposite ends of human existence, with another prematurely cut short. I'm feeling all kinds of existential right now.

Oy... And the birth at the beginning,  the death in the middle, and the symbol of longevity happening at the end of the month? The events stacked in the order of the human lifespan. Why so poetic?

And it gets weirder. Someone in the second year of our program is now battling cancer and had to drop out. And my friend who gave birth had a friend die this morning due to heart failure. Two deaths by heart failure in under 48 hours...

Having my heart randomly stop is my go-too anxiety. I don't like this. I want someone to tell me something reassuring...

Having a lot of trouble concentrating on homework... Didn't we have Blue Monday, the saddest day of the year not long ago? Oy...

No comments:

Post a Comment