Wednesday, January 8, 2014

First Day Back

Yesterday, my Greyhound was over an hour late. If it had been the bus scheduled to come after it, it would have still been late (and the other one didn't show up, either). The city buses were both late, too. I guess it's because of the weather. We have this light but consistent fall of snow that keeps building and building, and it's really messing everything up. I guess I shouldn't be a jerk, everyone tells me that this is actually pretty devastating if you don't drive and you live across the street from everything you need, but I find it a little bit humorous that us Canadians are being wrecked so bad by a light snowfall. Isn't this supposed to be our jam? I'm loving it, personally. The last few winters didn't feel like the real deal. I want a winter that lives up to the Canadian hype.

Anyway, so it was a longer than average trip to get here, and when I did, I found out that I don't have class on Mondays! I was fooled because of the way my timetable is set up. Visually, it has me put down as having class on Mondays, but if you looks closer, there's no indicated classroom, and the date the class starts is halfway through the semester. And even if I did have class that day, everyone who did had their classes canceled! So there wasn't much reason for me to come here yesterday at all. Oh well, doesn't look like travel would have been easier today, anyway.

My friend gave birth on the New Year, and my friend who has been sick felt well enough to make a Facebook post. She sounded very positive.

I had my job training since my last post. I had to get a round Greyhound ticket and spend a total ten hours last Friday to travel and train. Really, since the time I had remaining was just a weekend, I might have stayed and saved money on another ticket, since I stay here most weekends anyway. But I refused to cut my holiday short. Had I known I didn't have class today, I could have stayed home an extra day and made the round trip more justified. At least I got to use my day to hand in a criminal record check, get some stuff signed, print stuff, and shop. Okay, so it wasn't very useful. Oh well.

Got my first day of school and work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment