Friday, January 24, 2014

Presentations

Today we watched six presentations for future placements. They were good, but two were support centres for women that are only taking female students, and two of them were Aboriginal services. Those services both made it clear that they were more than willing to take non-native students, but my teacher said he'd prioritize Aboriginal students, and since we've got a good number of Aboriginal students interested in these organizations, I doubt I could compete. But that's fair enough. This leaves ROOF (Reaching our Outdoor Friends for homeless and at-risk youth) and the City of Kitchener as viable placements. ROOF is really popular and I think loads of students are going to pounce on that one, so the competition might be a bit thick. No reason to think I'd make a worse applicant than anyone else, though. There are going to be five more presentation days with six presenters apiece, though, so it's not like this is my only selection. There are also more placements that will not be doing presentations.

My ill friend has been doing great. Since I last spoke on her "The next few hours are critical" she made a complete turn at the last moment and started to improve rapidly. Her immune system wasn't doing it's job and she needed to improve naturally because severe surgery would put her into terminal shock since her body was in such a delicate state. Well, she did get better and all her body functions came back. She got well enough to undergo surgery and it was a massive success. She became healthier than she ever had since she'd gone to the hospital.

HOWEVER. Her heart just stopped and she was revived. This just happened TWICE and she survived both times! What a roller-coaster this has been for her!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear your friend is doing better, though the heart problems sound pretty scary! I hope she's able to make a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete