Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fixing my Computer

Last week, my computer broke. I have an account that requires a password to enter, and everytime I tried to logon, it would say, "The Logon Service service failed to logon. Cannot logon" or something equally redundant. So I found instructions on how to fix it. I had to pull up a hidden set of options, enter the basic data of the computer, make the admin account accessible, go into the admin account, and transfer my "Gryphon" account's  information to another account (I think that's what I did).

It worked! I felt like a total hacker. Last year my mouse stopped working and a buddy of mine came over and got it working again. I was astounded. Apparently it's pretty simple because he swung by when I was working at the Info Desk and he told the girl working at IT about it and they were laughing at me. Well, TAKE THIS! I can't unlock my mouse, but I can reprogram my computer!

...Except... It only worked like, twice, and then the same problem cropped up on the new account. But I now have access to the Amin account, which has access to all the info on the Gryphon account, so  it doesn't matter as much.

My laptop is over five years old, eh? Apparently that's real old and maybe it's showing it's age. I should backup all my important information.

My friend who is ill has suffered a serious relapse since she had been doing so much better. We were told this past few days were critical in determining her survival, and now I'm hearing that these next few hours are critical.

1 comment:

  1. Backing up your data is always important - even a new computer can experience problems.

    I'm so sorry to hear that your friend is doing worse - I hope she's able to pull through. Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete