Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Placement and Time Management

Placement has been great, but having one class a day for almost a full semester has gotten me lazy. I'm getting some extra training, too. On Monday I did Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training for four hours, and I'll be doing it again tomorrow. It's two hours after my work ends, so I've got that as downtime but I can't go home for it because I take the bus and it's an hour-long commute. So I'm stuck in the area for an extra six hours. Then I have a work shift today for three hours. Then tomorrow I have an extra six hours near work again. I planned my first week poorly. I haven't had to pack a lunch regularly for a while, because I've figured out all the tricks to scoring free or cheap food. So I didn't have enough time to shop, and I haven't all week, and so I've been living off gas station food.

Training is good though. I'm gonna get Non-Violence Crisis Intervention, then I'm gonna get First Aid and CPR (a better version of what I had before) which are both huge for employment. Then I'm going to get another certificate that is huge within Extend-a-Family... All for free.

I lost my work shifts, but due to the generosity of a co-worker, I still have one three-hour shift per week. Today, I get to close the desk for the first time.

This is the kind of work that's good for your soul, though. Everybody thinks you're a saint for doing it, but really, it's just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment