Saturday, March 8, 2014

Random Guy Shouts At Me

Last Thursday, I was in the school, and some guy walked by, flipping his beard and making eye contact with me. I held my arms out in a "Why my friend" stance and gave him the upwards nod. Later, he came by giving me the middle finger. I gave him the "Oh stop it you" hand wave. After he left, it was really hard to explain to the people I was hanging with that he wasn't my friend. I guess I'm just way too friendly, and when people aggress at me, I smile and give "Trash talk" gestures that come across as playful.

Then security is bringing him in, restrained. They walk by me and he shouts some derogative at me that nobody caught. All the people I was talking to reassured me that he was just yelling at me because I was "Surrounded by beautiful women" and he was jealous.

But this is kind of an ongoing issue. Every once in a while, someone will yeall something at me out of their car, or throw something at me. It's happened in Ontario, but also during my travels. Usually, my presence has a universally unanimous acceptance, but a couple times a year it seems like people want to mess with me. And it doesn't happen with most people.

Expressing this to my company when the most recent disturber went by concluded in reassurances that it was because other men are threatened because I'm so "big and handsome".

Very flattering, but not really an explanation. When I told others about the experience the next day, it turned out that everyone had spoken about it themselves. So it looks like it was more of a stand-out occasion than what the girls played it up as beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment