Friday, March 28, 2014

Respect Leader


I just got notified that I am to be a Respect Leader starting Fall 2014! I didn't mention anything about my interviews after my one for Info Desk, but at the end, since I had applied for three positions, all with Student Life, they had me make a list for level of priority between the three. Really awkward when I gave my current position bottom priority. I began to suspect that I may have scored Respect Leader when I started getting more highfives from the Respect Team, and when, after the seizure incident, I was thanked "for my leadership" by someone from Student Life.

Oh, and by the way, since some of the participants at my placement have the potential to seizure, I was asked if I had ever been around one during my interview. I talked about the Info Desk event and I was commended for taking quick action and making the quick judgment to clear the area. So I feel better about the whole thing.


I got my renewed G1. They used the same photo as they used last time. So this photo is going to be ten years old by the time I (potentially) get a new photo. People are gonna be thinking I have a fake ID!

Second session of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention was basically defense class at Karate. Well, not exactly, but there were a number of parallels. It was like the first two belt grabs condensed into a single four-hour class, but with the addition of hair pulling and biting (biting and hair pulling are not Karate moves).  Also, a number of the techniques were modified so as not to hurt the aggressor.

I got so into it. It's been two and a half years! I still got it. I don't think my partner was expecting me to be so athletic.

No comments:

Post a Comment