Friday, March 7, 2014

Placement

I know where I'm going on placement now. WALES at Connect-a-Family, working with people who have developmental conditions. I didn't put it on my preference sheet so the person placing me asked me if I was up for it. I told him the only reason I didn't put it on was because I've already worked with that population and I was looking to try something new.  He said I'd enjoy how it's run there, that it's quite different and that it would be a new experience.

It's a complement because he placed me pretty fast and came to the conclusion I'd be a good fit without any leads. He didn't know of my past experience and my preference sheet didn't indicate I wanted to work with the population. So it makes me feel like a bit of a stand-out.

Well, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't where I wanted to go. I just worry about losing motivation. Those organizations are always in demand, they are always hiring, and males are sought after. Work is really fun and the pay isn't too shabby. Seems like a really comfortable place to fall.

I spoke to my friend about how I was worried that I would go there, love it, do a good job, get hired, and never try to advance because it's such a comfortable place to be. My friend was like "You're already writing up your whole life!"

I know the 2nd years who are working there. Right after I found out, I ran into them at Tim Hortons. I only knew one of the was at WALES though. So I already have a connection there.

Edit: Somehow I have no memory of my previous update. I guess since it's so brief and basic, must have written it as an after-thought. Oh well, this one was more thorough.

No comments:

Post a Comment