Sunday, January 11, 2015

An Old Rival

Hey, so you remember how me and a friend both went for a job at Secondchance last summer and neither of us got it? A mysterious woman took it from both of us and ever since I've been trying to imagine what kind of incredible person would be capable of besting both me and my friend.

I met her!!! And not only that, she was in front of us the whole time!!! It just kind of randomly came up in conversation. She was was like, "I worked for Secondchance over the summer" and I was just like "...Doing what?"

I got offered a contract with Extend-a-Family for individual support work again. Hopefully it comes to something this time.

I was doing some research on specifics for dietary needs of people with developmental disabilities. When I was looking at diet as it relates to autism, I found a cookbook for people with autism and ADD/ADHD.

Wellllll.... I have ADD and ADHD. It says I need to cut gluten, casein, and soy. The recipes are very meat and potatoes heavy. I wouldn't be allowed to have pretty much any dairy product. Isn't dairy one of the five food groups? I don't trust this.

1 comment:

  1. There's a ton of pseudoscience out there blaming anything and everything on diet, and prescribing lots of dubious restrictive diets that are supposed to cure this, that and the other thing. Most of it is not at all scientifically based... I'd take it with a LARGE grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete