Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bus Incident

In my letter to myself, the younger Gryphon had the audacity to call me old! Stupid kid doesn't realize that I'm only one fifth my total lifespan older than him! And he signs "Love, Young Gryphon". I'm still Young Gryphon! He asks me if the future is as bad as he imagines. Comforting to say that if I could write him back, I'd say that things are a lot better than he feared and that the five years ahead of him would be the best years of his life.

I was riding the bus to placement a couple days ago, and this older woman told this younger man to take his backpack off the seat next to him so that someone could sit down, since the bus was full and people were having to stand in the aisle. Fair enough, but she took it further and started calling him rude, ignorant, selfish etc. And she appeared to have been holding onto it for awhile, because she started talking about how this is something he does everyday. He started saying that she shouldn't talk about him because she doesn't even know him, and that she could have just asked. Then she said something about his mother, and he started shouting about how she shouldn't bring his mother into it. Then he suddenly jumped out of his seat and charged at her. Faster than I could think, I jumped between the two of them and he hit me.

He just sort of stared at me, looking scared. I tried to assure him that things were going to be okay but he needed to calm down. The woman started shouting about how she was going to throw him in jail. The bus stopped. He ran away crying. The bus filed out like nothing had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment