Monday, January 5, 2015

Reacquaintance

Orientation Day went well. I had half-forgotten that it was what I did on my first day of college. It was fun being an Orientation Leader, since I'd had Orientation Leaders on my first day, and remembered them.

Guess who I met?! An old friend from when I did karate! He was a blackbelt and an instructor but had to wear a special belt that indicated his young age. I got to watch him age into his full blackbelt. He was a son of one of the main senseis. Now he's a first year Conestoga student!

One of the volunteers walked by and I asked her to guess who would win in a fight. Since I'm much bigger than him it was supposed to be a surprise that it's him since he's the blackbelt. But she was just like "Him" and pointed to the karate guy. She proceded to talk on how sweet I am. I'm like, "Not in front of Senpei!" He tried to save me by saying that I'm a good guy but ferocious in combat. She said she couldn't see it.

Siiiiiiigh part of me wants to go back to being a warrior. Two and a half years in the social services has made me soft... reacquaintance

No comments:

Post a Comment