Sunday, January 4, 2015

Orientation Day

Back in student housing. Got two new roommates after having lost three. Only met one of them, though.

I start school on Tuesday, not Monday, since Monday is Orientation Day for students beginning in the winter semester. But I still had to be here for Monday because I work for the school and am helping to facilitate Orientation Day. Then I have a day of placement on Tuesday, then classes start on Wednesday.

Today I tried to check my texts and wound up calling a friend. The phone shuts off when it dials, so it wouldn't let me power it on to hang up the phone. It wasn't making noise either. Eventually I ask the (seemingly dead) phone if my friend is there, and I hear "Yeah. I'm wondering what's going on."

Happened again later today, but I managed to cancel. Think I understand now. It randomly added all my Google+ friends to my Contacts, and now I have a bunch of people double-listed, though. Can't handle this thing.

Last night I had a dream that I was listening to someone sing in Italian. I turned to the person next to me and asked her if she thought the person was actually singing Italian or just speaking gibberish and passing it off as Italian.

I woke up and realized that the person in my dream couldn't have been singing in Italian because I don't know Italian and I can't dream about what I don't know. I thought it was pretty funny that I had enough self-awareness to call out the singer while in my dream state.

No comments:

Post a Comment