Sunday, February 6, 2011

Getting to Work

I called a cab over an hour ago, and they haven't shown up. I've tried calling them three times since, and the other cab company, and my call has only been picked up once. They say they're still working on it. I tried calling my work, but no luck there, either. I left them a message explaining the situation. I'm 25 minutes late for work as of this posting. I don't know if there's a point where I should give up. Everyone else here is asleep, so I can't ask them. I tried to wake them up by yelling/jabbing them with a broom, but no luck. Don't worry, I checked that their alive. They have no reason to be so sound asleep! Oh, I'm so alone right now. This must be due to Super Bowl Sunday. I don't like the Canadian Cab receptionist guy. He acts like I'm really putting him out when I call for a cab, and when he got my call the second time, he interrupted me to chastise me for expecting him to recognize me by voice. I expected no such thing! I was going to give you my address if you hadn't interrupted me! I said "Hello, I'm calling because I called for a cab about an hour ago. You must be really busy tonight--"

I don't think that's exactly a monologue. What I was going to say next was my address.

No comments:

Post a Comment